David works equally in Scots and English accents, frequently as American….sometimes as a woman too!
As a classically trained actor he can bring a wealth of performance experience to any project, but perhaps most particularly to the world of audiobooks.
His gentle Scottish accent and warm, friendly reading style has been requested by authors and publishers alike, making him a firm favourite among audiobook listeners. They value his ability to switch from open and approachable to cold and menacing….perfect for a mystery.
Among nearly 120 books in the last 4 years David has recorded;
- Denise Mina’s The Long Drop.
- the entire 35 book series of the ever popular 'Hamish MacBeth' audiobooks.
- all 7 books in the highly acclaimed 'Andy Gilchrist' St Andrews based murder mysteries.
- Denzil Meyrick’s West of Scotland crime series set in the fictional Kinloch and led by ‘DCI Jim Daley’.
- the hugely enjoyable MacCoinnich Time Travel series.
Recently David read and recorded two books for young adults; "Daemon Parallel" and "Werewolf Parallel" are both set in modern day Edinburgh. The audiobooks can be purchased from What Noise Productions.
David is also an established regular audiobook reader for the Royal National Institute for Blind People, who provide audiobooks for their subscribers through a lending library.