David works equally in Scots and English accents, frequently as American….sometimes as a woman too!
As a classically trained actor he can bring a wealth of performance experience to any project, but perhaps most particularly to the world of audiobooks.
His gentle Scottish accent and warm, friendly reading style has been requested by authors and publishers alike, making him a firm favourite among audiobook listeners. They value his ability to switch from open and approachable to cold and menacing….perfect for a mystery.
Among nearly 250 books in the last 8 years David has recorded;
- All six books in Dorothy Dunnett’s magnificent Lymond Chronicles series.
- Denise Mina’s multi award winning The Long Drop.
- the entire 35 book series of the ever popular Hamish MacBeth audiobooks.
- Denzil Meyrick’s West of Scotland based crime series set in the fictional Kinloch and led by DCI Jim Daley.
- all 10 books in the highly acclaimed Andy Gilchrist St Andrews murder mysteries.
- the hugely enjoyable MacCoinnich Time Travel series.
David read and recorded several books for young adults including Daemon Parallel and Werewolf Parallel which are both set in modern day Edinburgh. The audiobooks can be purchased from What Noise Productions.
David is also an established regular audiobook reader for the Royal National Institute for Blind People, who provide audiobooks for their subscribers through a lending library.